Why study a free course on OpenLearn?
OpenLearn free courses are available immediately
– you can start right away or at a time that suits you.
You can work through at your own pace
– if you want to do a burst of ten hours in one sitting, then you can, or spread your studies over a longer period.
You can gain a free Statement of Participation
– a great way to share your achievements with friends or employers.
There are around 800 courses to choose from
– you can choose an OpenLearn course from a wide range of subjects.
You can try out what’s on offer from The Open University
– if you're interested in taking an Open University course, but not sure it's for you, you can get a feel for what's on offer before signing up.
Many of the free courses are based on Open University course materials. Others are written specifically for OpenLearn. They always focus on a specific area of learning: some on important and fascinating academic subjects, others offer new skills for study or work.
Choose from a selection of courses from the following specialist areas:
Health, Sports & Psychology
History & The Arts
Money & Management
Nature & Environment
Science, Maths & Technology
People, Politics & Law
Click on the logo below to explore the courses ...